October 3, 2017 In Things We Love
10 Unique Baby Shower Gift Ideas
Looking for a baby gift that’s a little bit outside the square? We recently asked mums (and mums-to-be) what they love giving to celebrate the birth of a new babe, and these are some of our faves:
- A few special books to start off baby’s library – favourites include Oh, The Places You’ll Go! by Dr Seuss, Mem Fox’s Possum Magic, the classic The Secret Garden, and My Favourite Nursery Rhyme Collection from My Corner Pantry.
- A mini first aid kit containing baby panadol, a thermometer, and products to help relieve teething, rashes and gas pains. It will always come in handy during the first few weeks!
- A soft cotton muslin wrap (of course, we love these) along with a handwritten letter with a list of points about ‘why you are enough’. A new mum might not expect the rollercoaster of emotions that comes with having a newborn, and this letter will comfort her if she is ever feeling overwhelmed in the first few months.
- A go-to bag of essentials for the car – a bag (we love these ones by The Nappy Society) containing wipes, a few nappies, a dummy, bibs, nappy cream, nappy bags, tissues, a onesie and a cotton wrap – all very useful for emergency situations out and about.
- A handwritten note of parenting hacks and advice, along with a voucher for mum to buy some feeding-friendly clothing (check out Passenger, Bae The Label or these brilliant nursing hoodies from Mammojo).
- A journal to write down special moments, dates and milestones (our favourites are here and here), with a little note inside for mum as encouragement.
- Beautiful socks for both mum and baby (we love these by Legoe Heritage). Cosy, warm, and comforting.
- A voucher for a manicure and pedicure, with a promise to babysit while mum takes time out.
- New button-up breastfeeding-friendly sleepwear for mum (we love these and these). A little luxury for the many days she may not even manage to get out of them!
- Food is always a good idea! You can never have enough frozen home-made meals or snacks, and homemade lactation cookies are also very thoughtful (or you could buy these delicious ones by Franjo’s Kitchen instead).
- Do you have anything else a little bit creative to add to this list? Leave a comment below x